Yes, You Can Be Homeowner!
The Jacksonville Housing Authority Public Housing Family Self Sufficiency Program targets public housing residents to assist them with the goal of becoming a homeowner.
This program provides:
• One-on-one case management services with public housing residents to develop individualized goal plans.
• Linkages to community organizations that provide affordable housing services and products.
• Classes to help residents to secure credit counseling and financial literacy.
• Workshops on home selection, mortgage education, and processes to purchase of a home.
• Supportive Services for interested residents.
• Financial literacy to assist public housing residents in improving their savings, budgeting and credit scores.
• Other referrals to assist them in improving their quality of life.
• Must be a public housing resident in a of the Jacksonville Housing Authority community.
• Have an earned income of $10,300 or more a year.
• Be a first time homebuyer definition.
• The Annual Homeownership Fair held in June of every Year.
• Financial Literacy workshops
• Strengthen Families Workshops