The Housing Quality Standards inspection is conducted by JHA Inspection Department. It is suggested that owners/managers walk through their properties before the scheduled inspection.
- Utilities not on
- Inoperable heat supply
- Missing or insufficient weather-stripping
- Loose or torn carpet
- Missing or cracked electrical outlet cover plates
- Cracked or peeling paint on walls
- Cracked or broken window panes
- Missing refrigerator kick plates
- Evidence of roof leaks/pipe leaks
- Dirty stoves, ovens or walls and unkempt perimeter surrounding house
- Insufficient bath ventilation and inoperable smoke detectors
- Leaking faucets or plumbing
- No temperature/pressure relief on water heaters
For a more detailed explanation of the Housing Quality Standards Inspection Requirements, Click here.
For unit requirements, Click here.