Administrative Assistant - PH
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 1300 Broad Street N. 32206
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $28,450 - $42,564.90
The Administrative Assistant will assist the VP of Public Housing. Coordinates various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run efficiently at all times. Tasks may include but are not limited to answering phones, maintaining office supplies and equipment, scheduling meetings, appointments, and clerical duties. This position will act as a liaison between management and other staff, outside agencies, and the public, coordinating resolutions when needed. This position will provide support for JH programs and other programs managed by the Authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs administrative and clerical duties for the Vice President of Public Housing for JH, including, directing telephone calls and inquiries to other departments, answering questions of a simple and complex nature to Public Housing clients and the general public. Schedule appointments compose and type's correspondence, reads and routes incoming mail. Provide translation services as applicable.
- Supports other department teams with various administrative tasks, such as, redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, and clerical activities.
- Analyzes and writes, formulates, or enters information into computer to prepare non-routine complex correspondence, contracts, bills, statements, receipts, checks, or other documents, copying information from one record to another.
- Utilizes the features of standard computer software packages to accomplish the following type of tasks: word processing - entering non-standard text for contracts, letters, and reports; spreadsheet applications - develop spreadsheets for various applications and input and update data, as required.
- Monitor office supplies, inventory and place orders, prepare purchase order requests.
- Prepares minutes and agendas for meetings, takes steps to secure meeting space, and conducts follow-up actions for the department.
- Assists in vendor relationship management.
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the office, escorts visitors to and from the lobby
- Answers telephone conveys messages and runs errands.
- Maintain files and records by utilizing the current filing system
- Draft documents, and related material, as well as assist in the preparation of all required documents, contracts, and compliance documentation.
- Coordinates and compiles reports, possibly from raw data, to include researching information of a complex nature for documentation and decision making.
- Interacts in sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism and discretion. Acts as a role model for other JH staff. Cooperates with other staff in handling unusual workload requirements.
- Maintains support systems such as calendars, filing systems, archived materials, and databases.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Reliable with patience and professionalism.
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; plus, five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent written and communication skills. Strong typing skills a must.
Must possess a valid Driver's License
Physical Effort and Working Conditions
Work is principally sedentary. No special physical demands are required. The work involves normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment. The work area is usually adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform the entire job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.