Director of Property Manager
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $56,485 - $98,455.20
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experience. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee, either directly or through subordinate supervisors, Public Housing, and Resident Selection divisions of the Authority, and coordinate with contracted manager of affordable housing properties. Establish departmental priorities and goals and provide direction and leadership to accomplish goals. Coordinate the development of departmental budget, and the preparation and maintenance of records and reports. Assist in the formulation of plans and programs, evaluation of existing programs, and establishment of organizational goals.
- Oversee housing operations, either directly or through subordinate supervisors, and property management for affordable housing.
- Promote high level of performance indicators as established by the Public Housing Management Assessment Program by establishing efficient procedures for occupancy, rent collections, inspections, and resident satisfaction.
- Review information regarding rent and other collections received to assure that goals are met.
- Assure that resident complaints and grievances regarding housing matters are heard and resolved in accordance with established procedures and HUD regulation
- Conduct periodic staff meetings in order to discuss problems, receive reports, and inform subordinates of issues and priorities.
- Communicate with on-site mangers of affordable housing properties to discuss problems, capital needs, evaluate the condition of the property, or other matters.
- Participate in the overall administrative function of the Authority.
- Confer with supervisor regarding problems, potential problems, and to advise of the status of projects and assignments.
- Participate in professional meetings and training in order to stay abreast of trends and developments in public housing administration and housing
- Prepare budget, budget revisions, and periodic budget reports as needed for areas of responsibility.
- Prepare reports and conduct studies as needed.
- Participate in 5-year plan evaluation and revision for areas of responsibility by preparing annual statement, recommended revisions, and cost estimates.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Bachelor's Degree in business, real estate development, or a related field preferred, with sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques. Minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience: three (3) years working in a property management environment preferred.
Thorough knowledge of management principles, practices, and procedures, including landlord/tenant practices and laws. Proven track record of success in managing affordable and subsidized multifamily rental properties, including a good record of tenant relations. Experience managing properties funded through some or all the following programs: Public Housing, HUD Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, HUD HOME program. Experience with public procurement laws. Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to manage shifting priorities, deadlines, and workloads quickly and frequently. Excellent organizational skills and ability to analyze complex situations and develop solutions timely. Strong computer skills, including but not limited to the use of spreadsheets and purchase/work order systems.
Must be able to repeatedly lift and pull up to 50 lbs., bend, kneel, climb ladders and other strenuous activities.
Must be able to work in adverse Florida weather which includes extreme heat and humidity in the summer, cold in the winter. Much of the work will be done in environments that do not have air conditioning or heating.
License and Certification
Have Designation or Certification in property management, Must be insurable by JH's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
We are an EOE & DFWP. Successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.