Thomas J. Deloye Resume
Thomas J. Deloye
Ramps quickly to challenging leadership and project roles as self-starter and from scratch, collaborates to set vision, intelligent strategies and implement business plan priorities to achieve results. Uses strong business acumen with thorough understanding of financial/business analysis to accomplish large-scale projects, market growth, enterprise value and sustainable operations with superior results. As an energetic and versatile leader, manager and team member, leverages expertise, relationship and execution strength with the focus to exceed expectations, goals & objectives with superior results. Key skills include:
- Strategic Planning
- Stakeholder Collaboration
- Staff Development/Results
- Project Management/Goals
- Financial Analysis/Feasibility
- Relationship/Team Orientation
- Process/System Improvement
- Cost Efficiency
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead portfolio-wide conversion through Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD). Converted over 5,000 public housing units through gut-rehab and new construction. Garden-style and high-rise communities totaling over 1,100 units in construction with completion 2021. Lead development, design, construction and relocation 27 person staff
and consultant teams to maximize portfolio.
- Lead Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). Awarded tax credits annually for new construction of over 600 resident units, $150M total budgets. Completion of iconic $55M 17 Story, historic adaptive re-use project with transfer of assistance to 120-apartments in 2/20 and occupancy of commercial to follow. Co-developing 2019 9% LIHTC $30M 110-unit community. Submitted three 2020 9% LIHTC applications to City; well positioned competitively for support resolution and award.
- Secured significant Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) and leases. Won anchor 10-year lease with City for Center For Civic Empowerment funded by $1.5M CDBG. Awarded $675K CDBG for public improvements in RAD community. Successfully leased over 38K RSF commercial.
The Housing Authority of The City of El Paso El Paso, TX Chief RAD Officer - December 2016 to present
Oversee portfolio-wide public housing conversion through Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.
- Responsible for and directs all development activities and operations including LIHTC, RAD and other programs as well as acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures.
- Oversees the strategic planning, design, build/reconstruction, financial and relocation/logistics of the properties for the RAD public/private partnerships.
- Responsible for self-development and third-party co-developed projects. Lead 27-person development, design, construction and relocation/logistics staff for on-time and on-budget requirements.
- Coordinate procurement of services including developer, brokerage, consulting, and construction/design project management. Recommend contract awards to optimize outcomes, reduce risks, and costs.
- Prepare and present contract modifications, staff recommendations to gain approvals from as well as present RAD updates to Board. Inform agency leadership, partners and stakeholders of progress, issues and drive solutions for best project execution.
- Cultivate strong relationships and interface with HUD, TDHCA, City and Co-Developers.
- Maintain resident relationships. Achieve high customer satisfaction with no complaints to management.
- Prioritize budget, schedule, innovative design, sustainable quality and seamless unit delivery.
- Responsible for close coordination with other business areas to set strategy, coordinate communications, implement improvements and support execution of agency work.
- Writing 5-Year strategic plan for post-RAD growth.
METROSTUDY Chicago, IL Director of Business Development - November 2015 to December 2016
Provided proprietary data subscription, consulting and market intelligence services to national builders.
- Expanded client accounts, grew subscription and consulting engagements revenues in Chicago, Minneapolis and Indianapolis markets. Exceeded customer objectives and sales quota.
Capital Commercial Investments, INC. Austin, TX Project Manager - June 2013 to August 2014
Directed master planned office and industrial projects. Performed acquisition, planning, entitlements, design, budgeting, bid, permitting and construction for build-to-suit and speculative projects.
- Led development team to plan, design and budget two, 350,000 square foot, $50M office and flex properties. Focused on pre-construction design, costs and schedule and value engineering to objectives.
- Identified municipal clients & sites for innovative public-private partnership development program. Led initiative to source JV partnerships, negotiate subsidies, and incentives.
Technology Management, INC. Rolling Meadows, IL Vice President - Sales and Business Development - May 2009 to August 2012
Managed sales, marketing and business development opportunities from traditional data center design services to sourcing ground-up data center developments.
- Sourced flagship ground-up $36M data center and initial tenants. Generated $1.5M in design, construction management, property management and leasing fees. Increased fee revenue 15%.
- Led sales, marketing and business development expansion to cross sell facility design services and development platforms.
The Prime Group, INC. Chicago, IL - April 2004 to August 2008
Senior Vice President-Development - January 2005 to August 2008
Oversaw multi-family $36M 212-unit condominium property conversion.
- Led and directed 21-person staff for sales, construction and operations. Designed condo and clubhouse renovations, expanded marina and amenities. Achieved sales fast start with $2.7M closed in 90-days.
- Eliminated construction delays with increased A/E team coordination of duties, accountability and achieved customer satisfaction. Led weekly OAC construction meetings to improve project execution.
- Pro-actively addressed scope of work, cost, schedule & operations issues. Accountable to sales, construction & operating budgets. Approved contracts, change orders and contractor payment applications.
- Streamlined customer purchase experience. Improved selections process to eliminate mistakes, supplier delays and improve customer satisfaction. Increased up-sell margins & revenues by $250K.
Vice President-Development & General Manager - April 2004 to December 2004
Responsible for hotel/condo site acquisition and launch of Prime Residential Group, SA.
- Secured site options in gateway cities for Elysian hotel/condo including NYC, LA, SF, Boston and DC.
- Launched residential development company in Panama; prepared business plan, recruited team, hired consultants, set vision, priorities, timelines and acquired zoned tracts. Raised $5M equity in 90 days.
The Shaw Company Oak Brook, IL Senior Vice President-Development - September 1988 to March 2004
Oversaw corporate and client key mixed-use and master planned developments.
- Led team to deliver project vision to win unanimous approvals to and completed $70M development.
- Pioneered and co-managed $100M client assets disposition solution. Solicited offering to investors, users & brokers to close $30M in 33 months.
International Business Machines CORP. Chicago, IL
Marketing Representative - January 1984 to December 1987
Sold IBM products and services to large national accounts.
- Expanded client account product penetration and revenues. Exceeded sales quota and customer objectives and sales quota annually.
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Master of Management in Finance/Real Estate, 1988
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
Bachelor of Science in Zoology, 1983