Accepting Preliminary Applications online for HCV Section 8 & Mainstream HCV
Due to Covid-19, the office is closed to the public.
The Automated Information Line is 904-630-3893
Website to apply: https://myportals-jaxha.securecafe.com
The Section 8 Waiting List will open on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
For your safety and ours, All pre-applications will be done electronically.
The online pre-application is available 24 hours per day, however if you need our assistance as a reasonable accommodation, please contact our office at 904-630-3898 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday only, No Weekends).
Our waiting list will remain open until further notice.
Jacksonville Housing is accepting preliminary applications online for:
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program - (Section 8)
- The Mainstream Housing Voucher Program
For the purposes of the Housing Choice Voucher Program, families with gross annual income from all members of their household which is at or below the Area Medium Income corresponding to the number of persons in your household, as shown in the table below, may be eligible to participate in the program.
Mainstream Voucher Program
For the purposes of the Mainstream Voucher Program, persons who are disabled and between the ages of 18 and 61, with gross annual income from all members of their household which is at or below the Area Medium Income corresponding to the number of persons in your household, as shown in the table below, may be eligible to participate in the program.
How to Apply
Welcome to the Jacksonville Housing Portal.
You must have a valid email address to create your Jacksonville Housing account and register online. If you do not have a valid email address, please create one before February 8, 2021.
First Time Visitors:
Follow the "Click here to register" link on the portal.
Login with your email and password.
Individuals interested in submitting a preliminary application may apply during open enrollment using any computer connected to the internet. Persons may apply from the convenience of their home or from any device with internet access.
Applicants will be selected by Preference and then date and time. All preferences (1 - 6) have equal weight and having more than one does not afford you a higher position on the waiting list.
#7 - Mainstream Vouchers-Disabled member(s) ages 18 - 61, is not an actual preference, but is for informational purposes only.
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. Documents are required for all emancipated minors, when selected.
Any person who has one or more of the preferences listed below will be selected ahead of those who do not.
Waiting list Preferences
- Families with Disabled persons.
- Elderly - Age 62 and above.
- Veterans (Honorable discharge only).
- Displacement preference-Dwelling has been condemned by government action.
- Victims of Domestic Violence.
- Local - (Residency Preference - Duval county).
- Mainstream Voucher - Disabled member(s) ages 18-61. This is for informational purposes only - not an actual preference.
Family Members and Maximum Income
1 - $42,000
2 - $48,000
3 - $54,000
4 - $60,000
5 - $64,800
6 - $69,600
7 - $74,400
8 - $79,200
Any false information provided will result in denial or termination of assistance. If any of the violations below have taken place from February 8, 2016 to the present, you may be ineligible for assistance under the Section 8 Program:
Any eviction from a federally subsidized unit or felony conviction(s) of any family members in the household.
- If you have two (2) or more misdemeanor convictions, where conviction(s) were first or second-degree misdemeanors, which involved crimes of physical violence to persons, from February 8, 2016 to the present.
- If you or any family member has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine (speed) on the premises of an assisted unit and/or are subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program, you are permanently disqualified from receiving housing assistance.
Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability.
Individuals with disabilities requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate should contact our office at 904-630-3898 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. prior to Monday, February 8, 2021.