Administrative Assistant - Procurement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $35,568.00- $42,432.00
The Procurement Administrative Assistant provides assistance to supervisor and department staff by answering calls and inquiries, preparing letters, coordinating meetings, and receiving and transmitting information. Prepare for meetings by reserving meeting location, preparing agenda and notifying people scheduled to attend. Responsibilities may include obtaining office supplies or communicating with outside vendors and officials. Maintain files, track incoming and outgoing correspondence, and handle confidential documents appropriately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate office services and assist supervisor and other staff with administrative functions.
- Transmit orders and instructions for supervisor using verbal or written communication.
- Coordinate meetings by reserving meeting room, preparing agenda and related documents, and notify participants scheduled to attend meeting.
- Prepare letters in accordance with established procedures.
- Receive calls and inquiries from staff, and individuals outside the authority and respond to or refer calls to appropriate staff.
- Compose meeting minutes based on notes and recordings made during meetings.
- Screen mail and calls for supervisor, and staff.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Maintain schedule for supervisor, including receiving invitations, sending appropriate responses, designating type, time and place of events.
- Maintain contract and vendor files in accordance with established procedures.
- Support division and operational functions as needed.
- Coordinate purchasing calendar operations.
- Prepare periodic and special reports as needed.
- Coordinate routine and special functions, such as: purchases of office supplies, equipment, and other items, coordinating services from outside vendors and contractors, etc. by communicating with outside vendors and individuals inside the organization.
Work is principally sedentary. No special physical demands are required. The work involves normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment. The work area is usually adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college, or a High School Diploma plus five years of clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in common office practices, procedures, systems, and equipment including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to set priorities, plan, and implement activities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Professional business conduct
- Ability to maintain orderly contract and vendor files and records
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, other employees, residents, and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
Position Reports to: Procurement Supervisor
Leadership Accountability: No
Supervisory Accountability: No
Organizational Accountability: No
Financial Accountability: No
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers internally and externally.