Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $66,205.50-$91,603.20
The Director of Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization's mission and talent strategy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization's human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends, including reports and metrics from the organization's human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate policy, practice, and resources changes to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Manages Temporary Agency processes and relationships
- Supports HR and HR Leadership team as directed
- Manages relocation processing (transfers and new hires) for North America
- Supports Succession Planning process, for performance management systems and reporting
- Assist HR leadership in projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience or Seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience
Position Reports to: CEO/President
Leadership Accountability: Yes
Supervisory Accountability: Yes
Organizational Accountability: Yes
Financial Accountability: Yes
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experiences. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
We are an EOE & DFWP. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description