FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $15.00 - $26.18/hour
Responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled structural, plumbing, and electrical building maintenance work at authority properties. Work involves repair and replacement of items such as windows, doors, roofs, gutters, cabinets, walls, ceilings, toilets, faucets, water lines, electrical outlets, and light fixtures. Also performs preventive maintenance tasks.
Perform semi-skilled work in several trade areas in the maintenance and repair of buildings and/or equipment. May specialize in a particular trade or perform work in several trades. Install, maintain, repair, or replace mechanical equipment, appliances, and portable electrical equipment. Assist in the installation, maintenance, repair or replacement of valves, sinks, wash bowls, sewers, and other sanitary fixtures. Perform a variety of brick, cement, and carpentry work. Replace damaged or broken windows, patches drywall, and prepare and paint interior and exterior surfaces. Remove and replace floor tile. Perform electric and acetylene welding and brazing. Assist in the installation, maintenance, repair of heating and air conditioning equipment and hot water heaters. Assist in the installation, maintenance or repair of electrical fixtures, switches, and relays. Operate a motor vehicle in performance of duties. Perform other related duties as required.
Must be able to repeatedly lift and pull up to 50 lbs., bend, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, use repetitive motions, climb ladders and other strenuous activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Must be able to work in adverse Florida weather which includes extreme heat and humidity in the summer, cold in the winter. Much of the work will be done in environments that do not have air conditioning or heating. May be subject to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, intense noise, extreme temperatures, and travel.
Must have the ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Must have had at least two years' experience in the repair and maintenance of buildings, plumbing, and/or mechanical or electrical equipment; carpentry, plastering/drywall, installation, painting and/or tile work. Satisfactory completion of a vocational/technical course in electrical or mechanical repair, welding, structural trades, or a related field may be substituted for one of the required years of experience.
Education - High School Diploma
Other: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Housing Authority policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the physical layout of the site properties
- Knowledge of basic principles of building maintenance, including standard practices, methods, tools, and materials.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance including carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.
- Knowledge of local and state building codes, and OSHA work practices
- Knowledge of safety rules, including accident causation and prevention.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, residents, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use maintenance hand and power tools for building and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to complete work order forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to inspect, diagnose problems, and complete repairs in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain records, such as work orders and parts inventory.
- Ability to account for time and materials.
- Ability to drive pickup truck and van.
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively. Demonstrates clear understanding of Jobs Plus Program and ability to highlight goals and benefits to residents.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
Position Reports to: Property Manager / Foreman
Leadership Accountability: None
Supervisory Accountability: None
Organizational Accountability: None
Financial Accountability: None
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers internally and externally.