Public Housing Services Coordinator Grant Position
** TEMPORARY GRANT POSITION NO TO EXCEED ONE (1) YEAR - NO BENEFITS **
Job Title: Public Housing Services Coordinator Grant Position
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Wage Range: Up to a $40,000.00 Contract
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report to: Resident Services Director
Interview and screen prospective participants in the program. Provide counseling and guidance to residents to assist them in reaching the goal of self-sufficiency. Identify needs and barriers to achieving a goal, and plan for the removal of barriers and needs. Regularly meet with participants to provide training and individual assessment of progress
Qualify residents for participation in the program, establish goals, identify needs, and coordinate services, including, but not limited to:
Interview prospective participants for the program and determine eligibility based on program guidelines;
Identify needs and barriers to achieve self-sufficiency/aging in place in the areas of education, job training, childcare, transportation, credit repair, substance abuse, counseling, etc.;
Develop individual service plans with participants and assist in coordinating services with other agencies;
Network with groups/agencies to identify resources; and
Coordinate workshops on a variety of topics by arranging for leaders, informing participants, arranging for space, etc.
Meets with participants regularly to assess progress toward achieving goals, determine if additional barriers exist, provide additional services as needed, and maintain related records, including, but not limited to:
Meet monthly with participants to counsel them on areas of education, employment, credit and family needs, to identify needs and barriers to self-sufficiency and provide individualized counseling, family counseling, budget and money management sessions, career counseling, and other services;
Refer clients to agencies for needed services;
Monitor and evaluate participant progress, prepare progress reports, obtain transcripts, employment data and family composition changes;
Promote JHA Education Programs such as Incentive Awards, Hicks, etc.;
Provide basic job retention and career counseling;
Maintain appropriate files and case notes; and
Complete monthly statistical report, including services provided, number of participants in workshops, training, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of social work principles and practices as well as case management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of career counseling
- Knowledge of gerontological and aging processes.
- Familiarity with HUD and organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- Business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary skills.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment such as computer, facsimile, telephone, photocopier, etc.
- Knowledge of the organizations and agencies in the area that provide services utilized by clients
- Familiarity with the principles of communication.
- Ability to advise low-income families on self-sufficiency, planning and tracking.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directives.
- Ability to read, understand and apply HUD and organization rules, policies, procedures and instructions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and present workshops and training sessions on family, employment and finance.
- Ability to accurately analyze progress towards goals and to motivate continuous progress.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relations with the public, residents and other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts to assist in providing services to clients
- Ability to interact with clients and organizations to obtain and provide information in a polite and efficient manner, in person and by phone.
- Ability to use sound judgment in order to make decisions in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Skilled in analyzing situations in order to identify problems and offer possible solutions
- Ability to communicate orally with clients and agencies in order to obtain and provide information.
- Able to deal with people in a polite and diplomatic way.
Education - Bachelor's degree in social sciences, business administration, or closely related field plus three (3) years of work experience in human services, case management, or social work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Public housing experience preferred.
Other - Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Work is principally sedentary. No special physical demands are required. The work involves normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment. The work area is usually adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Must be able to sit in an office environment, able to lift up to 15 lbs.
Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills: Computer skills, Microsoft applications, and the fluidity to adapt to technology.
Communications And Collaboration
Collaborate with Resident Services, and support personnel, management, and residents regularly
Be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to Technical to education and more. Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and writing are essential
Make independent decisions daily, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
Position Reports to
Director of Resident Services
Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experience. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
We are an EOE & DFWP. The successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check and may be required to pass a drug screening. Section 3 candidates preferred.