Senior Clerical Support Aide - Public Housing (Applications) 2 Positions
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $11.70 - $15.43 Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs a wide range of administrative and clerical functions to support department. Give assistance to the department and supervisor by answering calls and inquiries, preparing letters and reports, and receiving and transmitting information. Must have the ability to multi-task, be proficient with data entry, effectively communicate face to face and establish a good rapport with clients. Ability to answer telephones and interact with clients on a continuous basis, maintain folders for the various programs and disseminate information to applicants. Schedule appointments along with confirming them over the phone. Must be a good listener and can resolve problems. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Ability to learn and effectively utilize agency applications. A willingness to respond positively to the ever-changing needs of the department.
- Coordinate office services and assist supervisor with administrative functions
- Transmit orders and instructions for supervisor, verbally or using Microsoft Outlook.
- Assist in preparing for meetings by reserving meeting room, preparing agenda and related documents, and notify participants scheduled to attend meeting.
- Prepare letters and reports in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor.
- Receive calls and inquiries from residents, staff, and individuals outside the authority and respond to or refer calls to appropriate staff.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Maintain files in accordance with established procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, systems, and equipment including computers and software.
- Knowledge of HUD and organizational policies and procedures
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and departmental terminology
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and data entry
- Ability to set priorities, plan and implement activities to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to provide information in a courteous diplomatic manner.
- Ability to use a computer to store, retrieve and compile data, prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone system, etc.
- Ability to maintain a variety of files and records, and to answer questions from the records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, other employees, residents, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in the use of computer software to facilitate efficient completion of tasks and obtaining information.
- Skill in dealing with people in a diplomatic manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education - High school diploma or G.E.D. Certification plus one year of experience in data entry and general clerical work which included using computers and maintaining files, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Rent Café and Yardi experience is a plus.
Work Environment: Most of able to sit in an office environment, and work will be in an environment with air conditioning and lift-up to 25 lbs.
COVID-19 Precaution(s) and considerations:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Administrative offices are temporarily closed to the public.
License and Certification: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Commitment - Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service - Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication - Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability - Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills - Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed - takes initiative.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blame; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills - Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
Position Reports to: Public Housing Application Supervisor
Leadership Accountability: No
Supervisory Accountability: No
Organizational Accountability: No
Financial Accountability: None
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experience. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
We are an EOE & DFWP. Successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.