Job Title: Compliance Processor
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $35,568.00 - $41,017.00
FLSA Status: Exempt
Utilize and apply knowledge of federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and procedures in an administrative capacity for the Operations Compliance Department. Receive and review allegations of fraud and program abuse. Monitor fraud and bad debt collections, including but not limited to preparing and monitor repayment agreements, accept payments and issue receipts, prepare deposits, review collections, send collection letters, and balance ledgers. Maintain the fraud and bad debt spreadsheets. The ability to analyze ledgers to determine the payments due and outstanding balance. Answer calls, inquiries, and prepare correspondence.
Assist internal staff as needed, including obtaining income verifications and other information necessary to process inbound referrals and investigations. Conduct regulatory research to obtain information for use in preparation and analysis of reports and investigations. Maintain files, track incoming and outgoing correspondence, and handle confidential documents appropriately. Monitor security cameras and door entry call system.
Maintain and track the status of State Attorney's Office prosecution files and cases. Maintain EIV debts and adverse terminations for the entire agency. Maintain department work orders and purchase orders. Must be able to work as a team member. This position will work closely with another Compliance Support Processor. Deliver and pick-up files and documents from communities as needed.
· Coordinate office services and assist the department with administrative functions
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
· Good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
· Prepare letters and reports as directed and in accordance with established and ongoing procedures
· Maintain positive customer service by receiving calls, resolving issues, and/or routing to the appropriate department or staff member
· Maintain department work orders and/or purchase orders
· Coordinate services such as obtaining office supplies and communicate with outside vendors for supplies/ services
· Monitor front door security cameras, walk-up/service window, and door entry call system
· Continually analyze operations to provide recommendations for policy and procedural improvements.
· Maintain and assist with confidential information and audits for internal and external customers
· Deliver and pick up files and documents from offices and communities as needed
· Support the OCD team with operational functions as needed
· Maintain OCD files in accordance with established processes
· Maintain OCD file room
· Conduct research and assist in the preparation of State, Attorney Affidavits (SAO), and memos
· Type reports and other documents as needed
· Update HUD EIV database with debts and adverse terminations
· Receive tenant payments, verify payment as acceptable, process payment, and generate receipts
· Reconcile payments monthly with the accounting department
· Maintain the fraud and bad debt spreadsheets
· Maintain a list of affidavits that have been sent to the SAO for follow-up and track case status
· Prepare and execute repayment agreements, calculate reasonable payment amount in accordance with regulation and agency policy, and work with residents so they successfully pay as agreed
· Submit electronically the SAO affidavits for Public Housing and HCV
· All other duties, as assigned.
Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills: Computer skills, Microsoft applications, and the fluidity to adapt to technology.
Program Monitoring and Management
Review, monitor, collect, and keep ledgers accurate. Knowledge of accounting principles related to tenant accounting. Coordinate and administer fiscal program activities and protocols; manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality control associated with the program; prepare documentation and create compliance reports.
Communicate information to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Clearly and concisely convey information orally or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Listen and respond appropriately to others.
Observe monitor, collect, and record fiscal data; and assess accuracy, validity, and integrity. Makes recommendations that affects policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the Operations Compliance Manager.
EDUCATION - Associate degree plus two years of progressively responsible clerical experience and processing receivables which included using computers and maintaining files, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE - Knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic are required. Previous experience with any related HUD programs is highly desirable. Strong computer experience is required, specifically Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Yardi Voyager 7.0 Property Management software is a plus, as is two (2) years in applied accounting or bookkeeping. Must be a self-starter, independent worker, and a team player. Experience in working with the general public, and in the provision of front-line customer service. Passion in helping to develop and improve department efficiency and performance. Track record of going the extra mile or overachieving when given a job or opportunity.
Other: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
COMPUTER SKILLS - Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database, and reporting tools. Proficient in the use of electronic systems
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS - Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with clients.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS - Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics. Ability to apply creative thinking and problem-solving in the execution of his or her duties.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS - Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining the effectiveness. Strong organization skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and an appropriate sense of urgency.
ADAPTABLE/FLEXIBLE SKILLS - Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative- challenged by full workloads. Willing and seeks to be part of a small family-style business versus a large firm. Willingness and flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while handling a variety of responsibilities.
Position Reports to:
Operations Compliance Manager
Monitors tenant accounts and debts
Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experience. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
We are an EOE & DFWP. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification.
All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.