Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $42,161.60-$51,875.20
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide administrative support for Property Management and Housing Choice Voucher by generating reports and notices; assist staff with day-to-day program compliance questions and calculations, including corrections from wrong data input. Train Property Managers, Assistant Managers, Housing Assistants, Maintenance Foremen, and Housing Counselors on program rules, regulations and compliance issues to include, but not limited to, Public Housing Management, Section 8, Affordable Housing, Tax Credits, Project Based Budgeting, Procurement, and Maintenance Management. Develop monthly training sessions for clerical support staff and property managers to promote professional customer service as well as program compliance. Assist with staff training on Yardi software. Participate in HUD audit reviews, audit the landlord and vendors, and review eviction charges and bad debts with clients. Assist with PHAS and SEMAP submissions, including electronic submissions to REAC. Establish and monitor utility allowances, coordinate Energy Audits with the local utility department, and review flat rent amounts. Create special reports as needed.
A. Submit, verify, and correct Agency data in HUD secure programs
1. Maintenance of HUD PIC database, including 50058s and Building & Unit reporting
i. Identify, resolve, and verify corrections of PIC 50058 errors
ii. Periodic reconciliation of Agency data and PIC database
2. Create, update, and terminate employees' WASS programmatic accesses and permissions
3. Review, address, and verify corrective submission for PIC- and EIV-identified discrepancies
4. Process or assists in electronic submissions to REAC, including PHAS, MASS, RASS, HUD-51234, annual and 5-year plan, etc.
B. Track, identify, and correct / oversee correction of internal database discrepancies.
1. Run or create errors and omissions reports and monitor to assure that corrections are made
2. Run an end of month reports in order to post rents, generate information on delinquent accounts, outstanding work orders, etc. and compile same for monthly reporting requirements
3. Create special reports and review those and other identified reports to identify errors and omissions; correct or verify correction of identified issues
4. Post late charges in accordance with established requirements
5. Coordinate public housing bad debts by reviewing amount, conducting interviews, and crediting amounts when it is determined that the debts are not collectable
6. Run end of month reports for President and CEO, Director of Property Management, and Director of Section 8
7. Review eviction billing, verify appropriateness, notify the manager to bill residents for legal fees, and follow-up to ensure that billings are done and that the amounts billed are correct
8. Coordinate computer operations for property management by working with managers to resolve problems, if possible, or if not, work with MIS staff to resolve problems
9. Yardi testing as needed
10. Assist FSS staff to review escrow credits
11. Maintain records regarding work completed on contracts
12. Generate reports as needed
13. Create, revise, update, and/or contribute to Agency policy, manuals, procedures, and other written Agency documents
14. Plan, coordinate, conduct and/or oversee internal agency audits
15. All other duties, as assigned
EXPERIENCE - Previous experience with quality control analysis/auditing and at least two years of classroom teaching/training of all related HUD property management programs is highly desirable. Thorough knowledge of federal housing authority program rules and regulations and certification from a professional training entity is required for at least two of the following federal programs: Public Housing Manager, Certified Occupancy Specialist, Tax Credit, Site-Based Budgeting, and Certified Manager of Maintenance. Strong computer experience is required and experience with Yardi Voyager 6.0 Property Management software is a plus. PHM, COS, Site-Based Budgeting, HCV, TCS, and/or CMM Certifications are required.
Other: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Work is principally sedentary. No special physical demands are required. The work involves normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment. The work area is usually adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Must be able to sit in an office environment, able to lift up to 15 lbs.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's degree in management, business administration, social science area, or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in property management, administration or Housing Choice Voucher, either in the private sector or with a housing authority, is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
COMPUTER SKILLS - Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database, and reporting tools. Proficient in the use of electronic systems
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS - Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with clients
ANALYTICAL SKILLS - Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics. Ability to apply creative thinking and problem-solving in the execution of his or her duties
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS - Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining the effectiveness. Strong organization skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and an appropriate sense of urgency
ADAPTABLE/FLEXIBLE SKILLS - Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative- challenged by full workloads. Willing and seeks to be part of a small family-style business versus a large firm. Willingness and flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while handling a variety of responsibilities
Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills: Computer skills, Microsoft applications, and the fluidity to adapt to technology.
Program Monitoring and Management
Review, monitor, collect, and keep ledgers accurate. Knowledge of accounting principles related to tenant accounting. Coordinate and administer fiscal program activities and protocols; manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality control associated with the program; prepare documentation and create compliance reports.
Communicate information to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Clearly and concisely convey information orally or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Listen and respond appropriately to others.
Observe monitor, collect, and record fiscal data; and assess accuracy, validity, and integrity. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the Operations Compliance Manager.
Position Reports to
Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
We anticipate hiring between the minimum and first quartile of the range, depending upon previous similar experience. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the first quartile but not above the top range.
We are an EOE & DFWP. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.