Job Title: Compliance Specialist
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Classification: Professional
Salary/Pay Grade: $46,505.00 - $61,897.00
Reports to: Operations & Compliance Manager
Utilize and apply knowledge of federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and procedures in a professional capacity for the Operations Compliance Department. Receive and review allegations of fraud and program abuse. Ensure the quality of client and data files by reviewing/auditing files and reports to ensure compliance with federal requirements, regulations, and JH policies, procedures and requirements. Analyze results of the review and provide information to staff in periodic meetings. Receive, review, investigate, verify allegations of client fraud and initiate appropriate course of action, as necessary. Develop, maintain, and revise standard operating procedures to ensure file quality. Work on special projects as assigned and provide information and training to staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform internal audits of client files, documents, forms, and data to determine compliance with established policies and procedures, federal rules, and regulations, and the Administrative and Admissions & Continued Occupancy Plans;
- Review all related calculations for accuracy and determine whether appropriate sources or third-party verifications were used
- Validate match of physical and electronic file data
- Generate computer reports to determine accuracy and timeliness of staff actions
- Review files for the presence of required documentation, forms, and verification
- Prepare statistical reports of the number and nature of errors, and recommend and follow-up on required corrective actions
- Conduct individual or group training sessions to review program requirements to enhance the quality of work
- Develop and recommend forms, standard calculations, spreadsheets, manuals, standard operating procedures, and procedural changes to enhance accuracy and consistency
- Work on special projects, such as compiling special reviews and analysis and reports
- Assist/back-up other departmental staff, as needed
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in management, public administration, business administration, sociology, or related field, plus two years of experience in internal audit or quality assurance or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in public housing preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Skilled in making and verifying mathematical calculations.
- Skilled in operating standard office equipment and personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database, reporting tools, and various accounting software.
- Ability to analyze and audit data, reports and statements.
- Ability to prepare accounting and audit records, statements, and reports.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply job related laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
Communication Skills: Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with clients.
Analytical Skills: Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics. Ability to apply creative thinking and problem-solving in the execution of his or her duties.
Organizational Skills: Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining the effectiveness. Strong organization skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and an appropriate sense of urgency.
Operational Excellence: Embraces principles and tools to create sustainable improvement across all assigned departments within the agency. Fosters and creates an environment that is resident, and employee focused, to achieve long-term sustainable growth for the agency. Ensures the right tools are applied to the right processes.
Execution and Results: Defines specific and measurable objectives. Identifies key performance indicators. Stays focused on the results and not the process. Leverages resources available to solve problems and achieve desirable outcomes.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours, if required, and work with pressing deadlines and being task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments have been completed-takes initiative- and is challenged by full workloads. Willingness and flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while handling a variety of responsibilities is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is primarily conducted in an office environment, with interaction with external/internal clients.
Other: Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by Jacksonville Housing.
|Position Reports to||Operations & Compliance Manager|
|Customer Accountability||Interfaces with customers internally and externally.|
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the respective pay grade per contractual obligations.
We are an EOE & DFWP. A successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to employment history, criminal record and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.