Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $15.00 - $26.18/hour
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the pay range. Existing JHA employees may be eligible for above the minimum, but not above the top range.
Provides assistance and clerical support to property manager in the day-to day operation of assigned property. Collect and record rent and other charges and assist with evictions. Receive and process work order repairs. Conduct annual re-examinations to verify continued program eligibility. Conduct inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, and to assure that all equipment is in proper working order and that vacant apartments are ready for occupancy.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, maintain, and update financial and other records, including collections of rent and other charges
- Collect rent and other charges from residents and enter corresponding data into computer system
- Process requests for rent adjustments in accordance with established procedures, including obtaining verifications, entering information into computer, etc.
- Post charges associated with work order, late charges, etc. by entering them in computer and generating notices for residents
- Follow-up delinquent accounts and pursue collections in accordance with established procedures
- Prepare bank deposits
- Conduct annual re-examinations and enter data into computer system
- Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding continuing eligibility and adjustments
- Maintain records of residents' community service hours as appropriate
- Maintain required occupancy level by leasing property in a timely manner, making appropriate adjustments, addressing resident concerns in a professional manner, enforcing property rules, lease requirements, and maintaining associated records.
- Communicate with residents as needed to inform of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist with lease units by reviewing and signing lease, collecting deposits, etc.
- Assist in coordinating vacancy preparation to minimize time units are vacant
- Ensure that properties and grounds are maintained properly by onsite maintenance personnel or contractors
- Generate work orders in response to requests for repairs from residents, and close out work orders in accordance with established procedures
- Conduct property inspections, including move-in, move-out, housekeeping, and grounds to assure adherence to established standards
- Maintain records of the status of assigned units, e.g. filled, vacant, anticipated vacancy, etc.
- Assist residents with special problems and promote amicable tenant relations
- Counsel resident who are not complying with the terms of the lease, and concerning delinquent payments
- Refer residents with special problems, such as economic, social, legal, health, etc. to groups or agencies that provide assistance, or to resident initiatives coordinator, as appropriate
- Maintain liaison with resident services to assist with resident activities, address specific problems, plan meetings, or support activities as appropriate
- Resolve conflict and complaints among residents, if possible, to avoid grievances
- Assist with eviction process, and prepare related documentation to support recommendation
Education - High school graduation or GED plus ability to use computer to enter data and generate records, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience involving public contact preferred.
Experience - Have at least (2) years of experience in public housing property management office performing EID and rent calculations.
Experience with MS Office Suite, web-based applications, and a relational database preferred.
Strong oral, written, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to comfortably deliver public presentations to stakeholders and residents and/or groups.
Strong working knowledge of public housing property management. Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities.
Other - Must be insurable by JH's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Jacksonville Housing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and vocabulary
- Knowledge of basic office equipment, including a computer, fax, telephone, copier, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer for use of word processing, database, spreadsheet, and electronic communications applications
- Knowledge of the principles of communication and ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to counsel low-income families regarding self-sufficiency, planning, and follow-through
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to read, understand, and apply HUD and organizational rules, policies, procedures, and instructions
- Ability to accurately analyze progress toward achieving goals and motivate continued progress
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, residents, and other employees
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts to assist in providing services to clients
- Ability to interact with residents and agencies in obtaining and providing information politely and efficiently, in person, telephonically, and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment to make decisions by established procedures and guidelines
- Skilled in analyzing situations to identify problems and offer possible solutions
- Skilled in communicating orally with residents and agencies to obtain and provide information
- Skilled in dealing with people in a polite and diplomatic manner
Commitment - Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service - Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication - Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability - Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills - Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blame; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Work Environment: Most of the work will be in an environment with air conditioning but some may be held outdoors.
License And Certification: Must be insurable by JHA's insurance and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Position Reports to: Director of Property Management
Leadership Accountability: No
Supervisory Accountability: No
Organizational Accountability: No
Financial Accountability: No
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
We are an EOE & DFWP. Successful applicant will be required to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Section 3 candidates preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.