Job Title: Computer Technician
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Classification: Technician
Salary/Pay Grade: $44,950.00 - $56,680.00
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Assist the Information Technology Department in daily tasks and end-user support. A job as a Computer Technician is the perfect entry-level opportunity for an energetic, curious, eager learner who has a can-do attitude and is looking to expand their IT skills. Work in conjunction with Jacksonville Housing's IT contractors and IT Department staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for providing software, computer, and telecommunication support for staff through the ticketing software.
- Setting up or repairing computer hardware and other associated devices such as printers or scanners.
- Responsible for the installation and updating of Agency software packages.
- Troubleshoot employees' computer problem(s) and includes asking appropriate questions to identify the problem, determines how to solve it and execute solutions.
- Respond to employee support requests and assist in troubleshooting any problems that arise in Agency software and hardware.
- Train employees on how to effectively use computer systems and software.
Education and Experience
A two-year degree, specialized training, or equivalent of education and work experience is necessary for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical skills: Computer skills, Microsoft applications, and the fluidity to adapt to technology. Demonstrated knowledge of building code conformance standards.
- Demonstrated skills to review, monitor, collect, and keep inventory control of Agency equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and administer IT activities and protocols; manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality control associated with Agency software and hardware, prepare documentation and create reports.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey information, orally or in writing, to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve.
- Ability to make recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices.
Initiate and Build Relationships: Accepts and celebrates differences within your team. Creates a culture that supports the open-door process and gives employees and residents your time. Be present and available. Execute empathy and understanding to build connections with people. Trust and provide honest, timely feedback. Manages mobile technology.
Operational Excellence: Embraces principles and tools to create sustainable improvement across all IT department. Fosters and creates an environment that is employee focused, to achieve long-term sustainable growth for the Agency. Ensures the right tools are applied to the right processes.
Execution and Results: Ability to meet specific and measurable objectives. Stays focused on the results and not the process. Leverages resources available to solve problems and achieve desirable outcomes.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours, if required, and work with pressing deadlines and being task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments have been completed-takes initiative- and is challenged by full workloads. Willingness and flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while handling a variety of responsibilities is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is primarily conducted in an office environment, with a high level of interaction with external/internal clients. The position may require work to be performed at different properties or sites for interim periods to support business needs., and employee may be subject to environmental elements when conducting visits to various sites or participating in outside events.
Other: Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by Jacksonville Housing.
|Position Reports to||Director of Information Technology|
|Customer Accountability||Interfaces with customers internally and externally.|
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the respective pay grade per contractual obligations.
We are an EOE & DFWP. A successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to employment history, criminal record and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.