Job Title: Systems Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Classification: Professional
Salary/Pay Grade: $68,900.00 - $95,400.00
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
The Systems Engineer will support our technology team members in providing technological support to the Agency and in furtherance of the Agency's technological initiatives. The Systems Engineer must be self-directed and work collaboratively with the technology team members to design, test, evaluate and support interfaces using integration engine and related tools in the affordable housing environment. The right candidate will be creative and motivated, with excellent problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as primary contact for dealing with challenging and complex issues.
- Must be able to create solutions to resolve complex operational problems, collaborating with vendors and users as required, and identify trends that warrant immediate attention.
- Proactively coordinate with other teams to solve problems, support, and coordinate system implementations.
- Facilitate the installation, maintenance, and support of hardware.
- Establish and maintain IT and digital communication infrastructure.
- Engaging in quality control process to ensure that systems are efficient and operational.
- Management of Updates and Auto-Deployment.
- Assist with Website management,
- Ensure the processes for new hires, transfers, and terminations are accurate and timely.
- You are required to create Standard Operating Procedures for the department knowledge base.
- Ensure the networks are protected from Malware and viruses, identify areas that might be under threat.
- Maintain the VIOP phone system working closely with the provider.
- Performs any, and all, other related and appropriate duties and supports strategic goals as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, informatics, information system, or an equivalent field. Master's degree in computer science, statistics, informatics, information system, or an equivalent field is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of system integration design principles.
- Knowledge in Audio and Visual implementations.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, including informing, advising, instructing, and persuading.
- A strong team focus with outstanding organizational and interpersonal, management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and developing applications in cloud environments.
- Demonstrated ability in Azure Active Directory.
- Demonstrated ability in management Meraki Access Point and switches.
- Demonstrated ability in Fortinet and Forticlient.
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft 365 and SharePoint administration.
- Demonstrated skill in Enterprise Antivirus systems.
- Demonstrated skill in support of PrinterLogic.
Leadership: Provides direction to people and/or projects by clearly and effectively setting the course of action for the department, staff, and tasks; manages the planning, execution, and achievement of department goals by providing regular communication to staff and stakeholders.
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys the necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively.
Continuous Improvement and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is primarily conducted in an office environment, with interaction with external/internal clients.
Other: Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by Jacksonville Housing.
|Position Reports to||Director of Information Technology|
|Customer Accountability||Interfaces with customers internally and externally.|
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the respective pay grade per contractual obligations.
We are an EOE & DFWP. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to employment history, criminal record and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.