Employment Application - Apply Online
Jacksonville Housing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy and the intent of Jacksonville Housing to provide equality of opportunity in employment for all persons, and in all aspects of its personnel policies, programs, practices, operations, and in all its working conditions and relationships with employees and applicants for employment. Recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, retention, and disciplinary decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected class status applicable under local, State of Florida or federal law.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO-4 Classification: Professional
Salary/Pay Grade: $61,800.00 - $85,085.00
Reports to: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
This is an advanced professional level accounting position dealing with confidential, high quantity, time-sensitive accounting activities. The work requires an experienced understanding and application of the theories, principles, and practices of accounting and financial management evidenced by a combination of education, training, and related job experience. This position may oversee work performed by others. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication in dealing with others. Work is performed in an office environment. The work requires the use of a personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting software programs. The physical demands consist mainly of sitting or standing at a workstation for extended periods of time, using standard office equipment on an ongoing basis, and occasionally lifting and moving light objects. The work is performed under administrative direction where the work assignments are subject to established procedures, practices, precedents, methods, techniques, standards, and/ or well-defined policies. The work is reviewed in terms of meeting requirements or expected results.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls assigned accounting and financial functions and programs.
- Develops and recommends new and revised policies, and procedures to respond to changes in operational program needs, objectives, and priorities and to improve the effectiveness of the functions and programs managed.
- Monitor and record expenditures per regulations.
- Preparation of budget analysis and present recommendations to the CFO (monthly/quarterly).
- Analyzes and audits accounting and fiscal data, records, and reports.
- Directs and coordinates the preparation of various accounting and financial statements, summaries, and reports.
- Directs the maintenance of subsidiary and general ledgers of assigned programs.
- Directs pre-auditing functions and other related accounting activities.
- Operates standard office equipment and personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting software.
- Develops contract monitoring strategy, compliance, and contract performance for grant funding accounts (monthly).
- Develops and issues financial projections relating to grant fund accounts and presents recommendations to CFO (monthly).
- Communicates financial matters, strategies, and recommendations to the CFO (monthly).
- Prepare and present statistical, graphical analyses to support projections.
- Reviews and analyzes all interim reports to ensure indirect cost allocations to departments, divisions, and units are in conformity with grant and/or other financial requirements Analyze various accounts to ensure proper reconciliation of all balances.
- Develop policies and procedures related to accounting and present recommendations to the CFO Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting plus five (5) years of experience in accounting that included auditing, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and/or payroll or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) Yardi experience, familiarity with GASB, and knowledge of HUD regulations are a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing payroll leave, fiscal and accounting books, records, and accounts.
- Knowledge of management methods, techniques, and practices.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Skilled in automated accounting systems and their applications.
- Skilled in making and verifying mathematical calculations.
- Skilled in maintaining accounting and fiscal records.
- Skilled in operating standard office equipment and personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting software.
- Ability to schedule, assign, monitor, review, and evaluate the work of assigned subordinates.
- Ability to apply accounting and auditing knowledge to work assignments.
- Ability to evaluate accounting and auditing procedures.
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, fiscal, payroll, and leave data, reports, and statements.
- Ability to prepare accounting and audit records, statements, and reports.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply job-related laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to develop computer-based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
Accountability: Holds self, and others if applicable, accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals, and causes change. Exercises significant discretion and independent judgment in departmental responsibilities. Interprets specific policies, regulations, laws, and theories, and makes recommendations to senior management of action to be taken.
Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations; is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
Communication Skills: Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal clues, and responds appropriately. Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
Planning and Evaluating: Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements; determines short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; coordinates with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals; monitors progress and evaluates outcomes.
Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations. Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Strategic Thinking: Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the agency in a global environment. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours, if required, and work with pressing deadlines and being task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments have been completed-takes initiative- and is challenged by full workloads. Willingness and flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while handling a variety of responsibilities is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The work is primarily conducted in an office environment, with a high level of interaction with external/internal clients. The position may require work to be performed at different properties or sites for interim periods to support business needs, and employees may be subject to environmental elements when conducting visits to various sites or participating in outside events.
Other: Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by Jacksonville Housing.
|Position Reports to||Deputy Chief Financial Officer|
|Customer Accountability||Interfaces with customers internally and externally.|
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the respective pay grade per contractual obligations.
We are an EOE & DFWP. A successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to employment history, criminal record and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.