ROSS Service Coordinator (Grant Position)
Employment Application - Apply Online
The Jacksonville Housing Authority is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy and the intent of the Jacksonville Housing Authority to provide equality of opportunity in employment for all persons, and in all aspects of its personnel policies, programs, practices, operations, and in all its working conditions and relationships with employees and applicants for employment. Recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, retention, and disciplinary decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected class status applicable under local, State of Florida or federal law.
Job Title: ROSS Service Coordinator (Grant Position)
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Classification: Technician
Salary/Pay Grade: $39,405.00 - $50,350.00
Reports to: ROSS Service Coordinator Supervisor
Interview and screen prospective participants in the program. Provide counseling and guidance to residents to assist them in reaching the goal of self-sufficiency. Identify needs and barriers to achieving goal, and plan for removal of barriers and needs. Regularly meet with participants to provide training and individual assessment of progress.
Essential Job Functions
A. Qualify residents for participation in the program, establish goals, identify needs and coordinate services.
- Interview prospective participants for the program and determine eligibility based on program guidelines.
- Identify needs and barriers to the achievement of self-sufficiency/aging in place in the areas of education, job training, childcare, transportation, credit repair, substance abuse, counseling, etc.
- Develop individual service plans with participants with the assistance of ROSS Service Coordinator Supervisor and assist in coordinating services with other agencies.
- Assist in networking with groups/agencies to identify resources.
- Assist in the coordination of workshops on a variety of topics by arranging for leaders, informing participants, arranging for space, etc.
B. Meets with participants regularly to assess progress toward achieving goals, determine if additional barriers exist, provide additional services as needed, and maintain related records.
- Meet monthly with participants to counsel them on areas of education, employment, credit, and family needs, to identify needs and barriers to self-sufficiency and provide individualized counseling, family counseling, budget and money management sessions, career counseling, and other services.
- Refer clients to agencies for needed services.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating participant progress, obtain transcripts, employment data and family composition changes.
- Assist in the promotion of Jacksonville Housing Education Programs such as Incentive Awards and Hicks.
- Provide basic job retention and career counseling.
- Maintain appropriate files and case notes.
- Assist with the completion of monthly statistics report, including services provided, number of participants in workshops, training, etc.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, business administration, or closely related field plus one (1) years of work experience in human services, case management, or social work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Public housing experience preferred. Within one (1) year must successfully obtain the AASC (American Association of Service Coordinator) Certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and case management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of career counseling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gerontology and the aging process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organizations and agencies in the area that provide services utilized by clients.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of residents.
- Demonstrated ability to answer any questions, from resources provided, of residents regarding available community-based services.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel low-income families regarding self-sufficiency, planning, follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze progress toward achieving goals and motivate continued progress.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, residents, and other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients and agencies in obtaining and providing information in a polite and efficient manner, both in person, and on the telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment to make decisions in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing situations to identify problems and offer viable solutions.
Advocate: Be an advocate for residents. Inform residents of available community-based services and provide solutions through knowledge of available resources.
Facilitate: Be a referral agent by connecting residents to the correct service providers who can meet their needs. Follow up with services provided to residents.
Motivate: Empower residents to be as independent as possible. Encourage residents to adhere to a healthy lifestyle. Facilitate wellness and other educational programs for residents.
Educate and Advise: Provide training and assistance to educate residents and other property staff. Assist residents with building support networks and through consultation with tenant organizations and resident management.
Community Partner: Be a community partner by assisting residents with accessing community-based services and by supporting community through your attendance and participation in all team building exercises and events.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrate an elevated level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and do a fair share of work.
Adaptable/Flexible: Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed-takes initiative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is primarily conducted in an office environment, with interaction with external/internal clients.
Other: Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by Jacksonville Housing.
|Position Reports to:||ROSS Service Coordinator Supervisor|
|Customer Accountability:||Interfaces with customers internally and externally.|
We anticipate hiring at the minimum of the respective pay grade per contractual obligations.
We are an EOE & DFWP. A successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to employment history, criminal record and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.