NEW Applicant Rent Café
What is Applicant Rent Café?
Applicant Rent Cafe' is an online tool that allows people to apply for open waitlists in Public Housing and Section 8 and to review their waitlist information. The Applicant Rent Cafe' allows an applicant to update address and contact information without having to make unnecessary calls or visits to the Jacksonville Housing Authority.
- The Section 8 waiting list is currently open and accepting applications.
- The Public Housing waiting lists are currently open and accepting applications.
INFORMATION YOU NEED PRIOR TO REGISTERING
- If you have applied to a JHA waitlist or are currently on a waitlist, you can use your one-time registration code, which you received by mail. The registration code consists of 2232-T along with your applicant code and is used to register in the Applicant Portal (RENT Café).
- What is a registration code? - It is a one-time registration code. If you are currently in our system you should have received a registration letter with the code, if not call you can our main line at 904-630-3810, follow prompts for your appropriate program, Public Housing, or Section 8.
- What if I don't have a code? - You are not currently on any of our waitlists and can apply only for Public Housing at this time. If you don't have a code, click the 'I do not have a registration code' option and create a new account and complete the application.
- Not sure I have a code? - Go ahead and register for a new account by clicking on 'I do not have a registration code', if you have one, you are already in our system and your code will be displayed. Then create an account using the 'I have a registration code' option.
- You must have a current email address. If you do not have a valid email address, you will need to create one
How do I register/create a new account?
To create an account click here to register. Fill in the form with your contact information, making sure that all required fields marked with asterisks ( * ) are completed. You have to verify that "you are not a robot" by CAPTHA picture verification. Select all the images required and select "verify". Submit your request by clicking on the "Submit" button.
I forgot my password. How can I recover it?
Click on the "Forgot Password?" link on the log in page and follow the instructions. A new password will be sent to the email you used to register. You can change your password by following the same steps.
I know my password but still can't log in. What can I do?
Your user account has most likely been locked as a result of too many unsuccessful log in attempts. Please contact us by emailing the appropriate department below to unlock your account.
Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure you login with the correct password and Caps Lock is not locked.