NEW Resident Rent Café
What is Resident Rent Café for Public Housing?
The Resident Rent Café is an online tool that allows residents to pay their rent, submit maintenance requests, review the resident ledger/rents, and update contact information, without having to make unnecessary calls or visits to your Community office.
What is Resident Rent Café for Section 8 Residents?
The ability to review the resident ledger, housing assistant payment, resident's rent portion, and update contact information without having to make unnecessary calls or visits to the Section 8 office.
INFORMATION YOU NEED PRIOR TO REGISTERING
- A Registration code. This registration code consists of 2232-T used to register in the Resident Portal (RENT Café).
- A current email address. If you do not have a valid email address, you will need to create one.
How do I register/create a new account?
To create an account click here to register. Fill in the form with your contact information, making sure that all required fields marked with asterisks ( * ) are completed. You have to verify that "you are not a robot" by CAPTHA picture verification. Select all the images required and select "verify". Next, check that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions then, click "Register".
I forgot my password. How can I recover it?
Click on the "Forgot Password?" link on the log in page and follow the instructions. A new password will be sent to the email you used to register. You can change your password by following the same steps.
I know my password but still can't log in. What can I do?
Your user account has most likely been locked as a result of too many unsuccessful log in attempts.
- Public Housing residents are to contact the community management office.
- Section 8 residents are to contact their caseworker.
Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure you login with the correct password and Caps Lock is not locked.
How do I submit a Maintenance Requests?
Maintenance Requests can be called in during normal business hours (8 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday except for weekends and JHA holidays), or submitted through the online Rent Café.
When you use Rent Café for maintenance requests you will be instructed to select the priority of the requested maintenance:
- Routine - issues which do not require immediate attention and can be handled during normal maintenance hours. Examples: change a light bulb, AC filter, infestation, or drywall repair.
- Urgent - issues which require expedited attention and are considered high-priority. Examples: HVAC is not working, appliances not working, or locked-out of the unit.
- Emergency - issues which require immediate attention for the safety of the occupants and/or the property, which pose an immediate risk to health, life, or property. Examples: Fire, Electrical issues, Busted pipes, or Mainline stoppages.
Once a priority (Exhibit A) is selected, you will then select a category (i.e., plumbing, electrical, repairs) next, you will select a subcategory (i.e., kitchen, living room, bedroom 1) and finally, provide a brief detailed description of the problem. Once you save/submit the maintenance request, your site management will be notified. Please note that emergency maintenance requests will be addressed as soon as possible. Non-emergency requests will be handled in the order in which they are received.
Please refer to the JHA Resident Charge List for the cost for services - if applicable.